Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chuck's Tarot Pull for Tuesday, March 20

Tuesday - March 20 - (I concentrated on success for plans currently in the works.)

10 of Pentacles = Convention, Affluence, Permanence "this is the card you want to see if you are wondering how your latest enterprise will turn out."

Got into a great conversation on the train this morning about living on a teacher's salary.

I proposed, how does one define 'living?' Is living cable tv and high-speed Internet, two modern cars in the driveway and the deluxe mac and cheese?

Or, is living home, health and family, warm and dry, not hungry?

Eric expressed interest in knowing what my list of necessities would be and I thought it would be a good exercise. We started throwing out examples and he started tossing in things like cigarettes or beer. I said, "Wait a minute. Those are luxuries."

What would one be able to live with? or without? What constitutes affluence? I would posit that I am happier than many who have more.

No comments: